MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING OF
HILLSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #35
Thursday April 1st, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
President: Kelly Hill- Present
Member: Tony Koch- Present
Member: Deann Ashby- Present
Attended: Melainie Johnson & Ashley Parker
Call to Order
– 5:00 p.m. Meeting called to order by Kelly Hill.
Pledge of Allegiance
Limited Call to the Public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda:
The following agenda items A, B, & C which included the approval of Agenda and Minutes from March 11th, 2021, and the ratification of Payroll Vouchers 18 & 19, Expense Vouchers 9113, were moved to be approved by Kelly and Deann with Tony seconded unanimously approving for the motion.
-All items were Approved by Kelly and Tony seconded with Deann unanimously approving for the motions.
- A: Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Funds Update- Discussed
- Was explained and refreshed members what the ESSER fund was. The purpose is to help bring students back into the classrooms safely. Explained that out of the $50,000 received we have only used about $15,000. Was used for new laptops for the students, cleaning supplies for the buildings, disposable lunch room items, etc. There will also be a ESSER II grand that will provide us with an additional $200,000 for the next two fiscal years.
- B: FY21-22 School Calendar- Discussed & Action
- Provided the members with new calendar, approved the calendar.
- C: Budget Update- Discussed
- Was explained that with the addition of the ESSER fund grant, we have only used our Budget at about 42% compared to the 62% that is usually used by this time of the year.
Reports: Added in late upon meeting.
Discussion Item: Future Agenda Topics from the Board (President):
Discussion and Action Item: Next Meeting Date (President)
The next meeting will be held (tentatively on) May 6th at 5:00 p.m. in the Hillside Elementary School Office.
Adjournment by Kelly, seconded by Deann unanimously @ 5:15 p.m.