MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING OF
HILLSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #35
Thursday August 4th, 2022 at 5:00 P.M.
President: Kelly Hill- Present
Member: Tony Koch- Present
Member: Deann Ashby-Present
Attended: Melainie Johnson & Ashley Parker
Call to Order
– 5:04 p.m. Meeting called to order by Kelly Hill.
Pledge of Allegiance
Limited Call to the Public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda:
The following agenda items A, B, & C which included the approval of Agenda and Minutes from July 8th, 2022, and the ratification of Payroll Vouchers 1 & 2, Expense Vouchers 9100 & 9101, were moved to be approved by Kelly and Deann seconded and Tony unanimously approving for the motion.
-All items were Approved by Kelly and Tony seconded unanimously approving for the motions.
- A: Governing Board Elections – Discussed
- No new candidates, election cancelled.
- B: FY23 Maintenance position- Discussed & Approved
- Will hire independent contractor’s once/twice a month for $150 flat fee. 3-0 vote for approval
- C: FY23 Janitorial/Custodian Position- Discussed & Approved
- Will post for hiring on website, marquee and community mailboxes.
- D: Emergency Plan- Discussed & Approved
- Emergency Plan was explained. New Cameras will be posted. Gates will be closed and locked, front gate will closed but not locked during school operation hours. School building doors will be locked during operation hours. Other safety measures were explained. 3-0 vote for approval.
Reports: Added in late upon meeting.
Discussion Item: Future Agenda Topics from the Board (President):
Discussion and Action Item: Next Meeting Date (President)
The next meeting will be held (tentatively on) September 1st at 5:00 p.m. in the Hillside Elementary School Office.
Adjournment by Kelly, seconded by Deann with Tony unanimously @ 5:23 p.m.