MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING OF
HILLSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #35
Thursday August 6th, 2020 at 5:00 P.M.
President: Kelly Hill- Present
Member: James Stalcup- Absent
Member: Tony Koch- Present
Attended: Melainie Johnson & Ashley Parker
Call to Order
– 5:17 p.m. Meeting called to order by Kelly Hill.
Pledge of Allegiance
Limited Call to the Public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda:
The following agenda items A, B, & C which included the approval of Agenda and Minutes from July 2nd, 2020, and the ratification of Payroll Vouchers 26, 1 & 2, Expense Vouchers 8125, 9100 & 9101, Encumbrance 8301 were moved to be approved by Kelly and Tony seconded unanimously approving for the motion.
-All items were Approved by Kelly and Tony seconded unanimously approving for the motions.
- A: School Reopening- Discussed
- Melainie explained the guide lines that will be followed and that in-person learning will be held on August 17th, 2020. It was explained that with little staff that there is, if one or more staff member(s) or student(s) test positive for COVID-19, students will switch to distant learning.
- B: Distance Learning Plan- Discussed
- Explained the COVID Plan Phase-1, whereas minimal to moderate risk/no positive cases. Social distancing, sanitizing, hand washing, temperature checks etcetera. Masks will be provided if needed. Students and staff may return back after fever free for 72 hours, or 10 days after symptoms. Is requested that if you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home.
- C: Health & Safety Protocols- Discussed
- Explained the health and safety guidelines from ‘The Trust’.
- D: Employee Acknowledgement of Responsibilities for Maintenance of Pay- Discussed & Approved
- Explained that staff can get paid while doing distance learning for the hours that they usually work as long as they can get their normal work done or if they can get other work done. Staff must be committed to work. Tony approved, Kelly approved. Motioned 2-0 vote for approval.
- E: AZ Trust COVID-19 Waiver, Release, & Assumption of Risk Form- Discussed
- Explained the waiver release forms.
- F: Policy Services Advisory- 672-676- Review/First Reading- Reviewed
- G: Open Maintenance position- Discussed
- Kelly moves to approve to post a job opening.
Reports: Added in late upon meeting.
- Post notice signs for visitors that they are need to wear masks while entering buildings.
Discussion Item: Future Agenda Topics from the Board (President):
Discussion and Action Item: Next Meeting Date (President)
The next meeting will be held (tentatively on) September 10th at 5:00 p.m. in the Hillside Elementary School Office.
Adjournment by Kelly, seconded by Tony unanimously @ 5:31 p.m.