MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING OF
HILLSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #35
Thursday July 2nd, 2020 at 5:00 P.M.
President: Kelly Hill- Present
Member: James Stalcup- Present
Member: Tony Koch- Absent
Attended: Melainie Johnson & Ashley Parker
Call to Order
– 5:00 p.m. Meeting called to order by Kelly Hill.
Pledge of Allegiance
Limited Call to the Public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda:
The following agenda items A, B, & C which included the approval of Agenda and Minutes from June 4th, 2020, and the ratification of Payroll Vouchers 24, 25 & 243, Expense Vouchers 8122, 8123 & 8124 were moved to be approved by Kelly and James seconded unanimously approving for the motion.
-All items were Approved by Kelly and James seconded unanimously approving for the motions.
- A: FY20-21 YCESA Exceed M&O Subsections- Reviewed & Approved- Signed
- B: FY20-21 Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) for Substitute Teacher Consolidation Services- Reviewed & Approved- Signed
- C: FY20-21 Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium- Reviewed & Approved- Signed
- D: FY20-21 Budget Adoption- Reviewed & Approved
- Kelly motioned to approve & James seconded. Budget Adopted with 2-0 vote.
- E: Governing Board Candidate update- Discussed
- No new candidates, one possible candidate option
- F: School Plan for re-opening of August 2020- Discussed
- Was explained that no student in class learning till the 17th of August for the new upcoming fiscal year calendar. It would take off 5 days of school calendar start date; but the Governor still wants schools to follow their total number of days required. School has a choice of start on official in person date on the 17th of August having to make up those days lost during fall break, or start on school start date 6th of August and have students do online/distance learning while still keeping the total number of days and not having to make up days. Will survey the parents to see what they would prefer.
Reports: Added in late upon meeting.
Discussion Item: Future Agenda Topics from the Board (President):
Discussion and Action Item: Next Meeting Date (President)
The next meeting will be held (tentatively on) August 6th at 5:00 p.m. in the Hillside Elementary School Office.
Adjournment by Kelly, seconded by James unanimously @ 5:13 p.m.