MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING OF
HILLSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT #35
Thursday June 24th, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
President: Kelly Hill- Present
Member: Tony Koch- Absent
Member: Deann Ashby- Present
Attended: Melainie Johnson & Ashley Parker
Call to Order
– 5:00 p.m. Meeting called to order by Kelly Hill.
Pledge of Allegiance
Limited Call to the Public
Discussion and Action Items of the Consent Agenda:
The following agenda items A, B, & C which included the approval of Agenda and Minutes from May 13th, 2021, and the ratification of Payroll Vouchers 23, 24, 25 & 243, Expense Vouchers 9117 & 9118, were moved to be approved by Kelly and Deann seconded unanimously approving for the motion.
-All items were Approved by Kelly and Deann seconded unanimously approving for the motions.
- A: FY21-22 YCESA Execution of Warrants- Discussed & Action- Signed
- Approved and signed
- B: FY21-22 Annual Expenditure Budget-Proposal – Discussed & Action- Signed
- Explained the proposed budget, with a tax rate going down from $5.5063 to $5.3629. The overall budget will be about the same was FY20-21 with a lower tax rate. Approved for the proposed budget. Approved and signed
- C: ESSER Grants update- Discussed
- Explained that the district was approved for the ESSER II Grant. Provided items list of plans for ESSER II grant monies.
- D: Curriculum update – Discussed
- Provided a new workbook that will be taught to the 5th and 7th graders for Social Studies, that has more interactive materials for them to learn.
- E: Project 1619, critical race theory – Discussed
- Discussed the Project along with critical race theory, and how other states are dealing with it. Decided that we as a district will not be adding it to the curriculum.
Reports: Added in late upon meeting.
Discussion Item: Future Agenda Topics from the Board (President):
Discussion and Action Item: Next Meeting Date (President)
The next meeting will be held (tentatively on) July 8th at 5:00 p.m. in the Hillside Elementary School Office.
Adjournment by Kelly, seconded by Deann unanimously @ 5:15 p.m.